Flexible modeling approaches
||Aquaveo pioneered the conceptual model approach. Build a conceptual model in SMS by constructing a high level representation of the model using familiar GIS objects: points, arcs and polygons. Work with large, complex models in a simple and efficient manner by using the conceptual modeling approach and easily update or change the model as needed.
SMS also has powerful tools to build meshes and grids.
3D visualization optimized for performance
|SMS is the most advanced software system available for performing surface-water simulations in a three-dimensional environment.
- Interact with models in true 3D
- Optimized OpenGL graphics for improved hardware rendering
- Create photo-realistic renderings
- Generate animations for PowerPoint or web presentations
- Drape /images over the model and control the opacity
- Annotations – Add north arrows, scale bars, reference /images, company logos, and more
Import what you need
||Models require data from many different sources. That's why SMS is built to easily import numerous file types:
- Raster /images including georeference and projection support
- Topographical maps & aerial photos
- Elevation & bathymetry data
- Web data services such as TerraServer
- ArcGIS geodatabases and shapefiles
- CAD files including .dwg, .dgn, and .dxf formats
- Worldwide projection support including Cartesian and Geographic Systems
- File Import wizard for delimited text files and spreadsheets
Advanced riverine & coastal modeling
|SMS interfaces with a wide range of numerical models for applications including:
- Riverine analysis
- Contaminant transport
- Sediment transport
- Particle tracking
- Rural & urban flooding
- Coastal circulation
- Inlet & wave modeling
Software from an Industry Leader
||SMS is developed by Aquaveo, an engineering services company with many years of experience developing surface-water modeling solutions.
- Step-by-step tutorials and how-to videos
- Online community forum and product documentation
- Phone and email technical support
- Regularly scheduled training courses taught by expert modelers
- On-site training available
- Professional consulting services
SMS 11.2 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP*, Vista®, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- RAM: 1 GB (8GB or more recommended)
- CPU: SMS software is CPU intensive. Some models and utilities integrated with SMS can take advantage of multiple processor cores simultaneously.
- Graphics Card: For all display features to be enabled, OpenGL 1.5 or higher must be supported. The use of a dedicated graphics card is strongly recommended. Integrated graphics can result in significantly reduced performance and may not support some visualization features.
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 or greater