- HYDRUS Levels
- Standard Computational Models
- Add-on Modules
- Graphical User Interface
- Automatic FE-Mesh Generation
- Domain and FE-Mesh Sections
Software package for simulating water, heat, and solute movement in two- and three-dimensional variably saturated media..
HYDRUS is a Microsoft Windows based modeling environment for the analysis of water flow and solute transport in variably saturated porous media. The software package includes computational finite element models for simulating the two- and three-dimensional movement of water, heat, and multiple solutes in variably saturated media. The model includes a parameter optimization algorithm for inverse estimation of a variety of soil hydraulic and/or solute transport parameters. The model is supported by an interactive graphics-based interface for data-preprocessing, generation of structured and unstructured finite element mesh, and graphic presentation of the results.
Note:Applies to the latest version HYDRUS 3.x. Please note that older versions of HYDRUS (version 1.x and 2.x) are not maintained and may be incompatible with the latest Windows operating systems.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
- X86 CPU with 2 GHz
- 2 MB RAM
- 10 GB total hard disk capacity with about 500 MB reserved for installation
- Graphic card with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
Recommended System Configuration:
To use HYDRUS comfortably for calculations of 3D models, we recommend the following system requirements:
- Operating System Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Multicore CPU running at 3 GHz or better
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB for the 64-bit version of HYDRUS)
- 500 GB hard disk capacity
- Graphic card with OpenGL hardware acceleration, screen resolution 1920x1200 pixels. Recommended chipsets nVidia or ATI.