Use xpstorm for fully integrated hydrologic and hydraulic stormwater and floodplain modelling, from cloud to ocean!.
xpstorm is a versatile software package for dynamic modelling of urban stormwater systems, river systems and floodplains including ponds, rivers, lakes and interaction with groundwater. This combined 1D (for open channel and closed conduit flows) and 2D (for flow over land) software is widely used by private consultants and public agencies responsible for stormwater and flooding regulation.
xpstorm is one of the most stable and well-accepted modeling and design packages in the world. It has been rigorously benchmarked and tested for the U.K. Environment Agency and the US EPA with very positive results. It has also been nationally approved by FEMA.
Floodplain Management and River Systems
- 1D/2D River Hydraulic Performance
- Floodplain Mapping and Flood Hazard Analysis
- Evacuation Route Planning
- Interior Drainage (Levee-Protected Areas) Analysis
- Culvert and Bridge Hydraulics
- Fully Coupled Urban and River Drainage Systems
- Stormwater master plans
- Major/Minor or dual-drainage systems
- Watershed management master plans
- 1D/2D urban flooding
- Detention pond optimisation
- Interconnected pond routing
- LID/WSUD and BMP analysis
Integrated Stormwater Modelling
Combine comprehensive hydrology and hydraulics in the same model. Don't jump between two or three different stormwater packages to build a complete stormwater model. xpstorm offers the tools to perform fully integrated system modelling, from rainfall to channels, pipes, streets, inlets, ponds, weirs, pumps, catchments, groundwater table, overland floodplains, rain gardens, infiltration trenches and more.
Your hydrology, your way. With over 23 hydrologic methods available and numerous ways to input real or synthetic rainfall data, xpstorm allows you to model the appropriate rainfall/runoff for your project in your region.
You need a tool with model elements that accurately reflect the physical realities of your drainage systems. Fully linked 1D and 2D modelling with appropriate variables for every element allows you to see the true behaviour of stormwater flow in natural and engineered systems. Minimise the need for approximations and "modeling tricks" by using xpstorm.
Automatically identify flow choke points and let xpstorm design solutions (pipe sizes, slopes). Use automated Detention Pond Optimisation methods to configure storage. Fully dynamic hydraulic analysis will allow you to complete LID design to maximise the technical solution at lower costs.
Easily Convey Results and Data
Innovyze offers a unique free Reader of xpstorm models called xpviewer. Users encrypt models with this add-on module so that others can view an un-editable model. This is extremely helpful to consultants as they convey their modelling approach, and invaluable to reviewing authorities who want to see model details without investing in a full license.
Nothing is worse than facing a deadline and wasting time trying to troubleshoot an error. xpstorm is supported by engineers who have used the software in the professional world. They understand your need for urgency and are driven to help you succeed.
xpstorm equips engineers with tools for accurate stormwater analysis and easy reporting:
- Review results in nearly any format, from text files and fully customisable xptables to animated profile, cross section and plan views
- Compare results for various scenarios including 2D layers with the Scenario Manager
- GIS and CAD integration allows you to easily create models from external data. No need to own any other program to use xpstorm!
- Import from or export to SWMM5 model formats
- Simulate parallel flows - model street flow alongside underground systems and situations where flow is limited by inlet capacity
- Braided River Systems
- Evacuation Planning
- Assessment of Mine Site Development
- Sustainable Drainage Analysis (LID, WSUD, SuDS)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Real Time Control