AquaChem is a groundwater software package for anyone working with water data, and is suited for projects requiring management, analysis and reporting of water quality data.
AquaChem is a groundwater software package specifically designed for anyone working with water data. This software is ideally suited for water projects requiring management, analysis and reporting of groundwater quality data.
AquaChem’s analysis tools cover a wide range of functions and calculations used for analyzing, interpreting and comparing water quality data. These tools include simple unit transformations, charge balances, statistics and sample mixing to more complex functions such as correlation matrices and geothermometer calculations.
These powerful analytical capabilities are complemented by an extensive selection of commonly used geochemical plots and graphs to represent the chemical characteristics water quality data.
Why Choose AquaChem?
What's New In AquaChem 11.0
Plot collections have been enhanced to include:
- Multi-parameter plots: Box and Whisker, Scatter, and Time Series plots support adding multiple parameters
- Secondary y-axes: Scatter and Time Series Plots support adding a secondary axis
- Piper Diagram: Piper Diagram includes an additional setting to make symbols in the diamond portion of the plot proportional to a selected parameter such as TDS or conductance.
- Non-Detect Symbols: The symbols for data points on plots with non-detect QA flags can be automatically overridden to indicate the non-detect status.
- Symbol Editor: create ramped symbols based on numeric fields using unique values or categorized intervals based on a specified number of linear, log, or quantile breaks.: create ramped symbols based on numeric fields using unique values or categorized intervals based on a specified number of linear, log, or quantile breaks.
- Interactive Multi-Select: You can select multiple data points on plots and they will be selected in the Sample List and active Maps.
- Settings: axis settings for plots have been reorganized into logical and collapsible groups.
- Custom Calculated fields and parameters: designate a sample field or a parameter as a calculation-enabled in the Template Manager and insert values for selected samples based on a mathematical expression that can include parameters (with unit conversion) and common functions.
- Parameter Handling: automatically add a list of parameters based on its name or CAS number (before or during import) from the Chemical List and automatically delete parameters with no measurements in your project – this greatly improves automating parameter management.
- Sample Set Creation: Add a sample set condition based on the exceedance of any parameter in a specified parameter group.
- Import: Improved performance when importing larger AquaChem 2014 projects
- String Data Type: string data fields can now be specified with any length
- International date handling: Import Data supports international date formats
AquaChem’s analysis tools cover a range of functions and calculations including unit transformations, charge balances, and statistics. These powerful analytical capabilities are complemented by an extensive selection of commonly used geochemical plots representing the chemical characteristics of water quality data and a console for R scripts that offers powerful data science tools.
AquaChem is a groundwater software package specifically designed for anyone working on environmental projects requiring management, analysis, and reporting of water quality data.
AquaChem is capable of generating a wide variety of plots to help you better understand your data:
AquaChem allows you to create multiple plots for the same datasets and view these plots simultaneously side-by-side. The plots can be made interactive which means when chose to base your data on dynamic sources, you can click on data points in the plot and the corresponding samples are highlighted in the sample list. Similarly, you can select samples from the Sample List and they will be highlighted on any plots in which they appear. This is useful for exploring and analyzing the data, and for identifying outlier or otherwise interesting data.
AquaChem 9.0 comes with a comprehensive set of functions and converters that allow you to perform quick, on-the-fly analyses on your water quality data. AquaChem 9.0 is capable of the following calculations and conversions:
In just a few clicks, AquaChem delivers ready-made reports that contain key information about your water quality data. The following automatic reports are supported:
AquaChem 9.0 includes a console that allows you to run scripts in the R scripting language and leverage the thousands of available libraries that facilitate data analyses, visualization, categorization, and much more.
|Operating Systems||Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise|
|Processor||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Hard Disk||250 MB|
|Networking Hardware||Network Card (required for soft key licensing)|
In some cases, full local administrative rights may be required to install AquaChem
We also recommend using English language and regional settings.
32-bit (x86) version of MS Office 365 Access or MS Office 2019 Access
32-bit (x86) version of MS Access Runtime Engine 2007 or newer
Note: if you have a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office, you will need to install a 32-bit version of the MS-Access Runtime Engine that is different from the your Office version. For example, if you have Office 2019 x64 installed, you can install the 32-bit version of the Access Runtime Engine 2010, 2013, or 2016.